Thursday 5 October 2017

Kingsman: The Golden Circle



Kingsman: The Golden Circle is the second instalment of Matthew Vaughn's spy inspired films and stars Taron Egerton, Colin Firth, Mark Strong, Julianne Moore, Halle Berry, Channing Tatum and Jeff Bridges. 

This film follows Eggsy as he travels stateside to work with the American equivalent of Kingsman, joining together to take down the very bright but creepy Poppy (Moore). It opens with a great action scene of Eggsy fighting in a taxi with an old nemesis. The music and unique camera angles reminds me of what I loved about the first film. 


The film has a lot to the story line, at a lengthy 140 minutes you'd expect to have some slow parts which drag yet I didn't find this. As the characters are so diverse and because their interactions are so amusing to watch I can't help but feel I could sit and watch them doing the most mundane tasks together yet remain entertained. The way they gel together and the different types of humour they have been given just works well together. 
The movie has a good mix of action and down time with more action than the first one. There are some fun throwbacks to the first film too. The action scenes in this film is what makes it unique, the camera angles paired with the music, paired with the stunts make the action sequences all the more enjoyable to watch. I am a huge fan of action movies, whether it's huge cgi disaster movies or a two person fight scene, but a lot of the action movies are shot the same way so this one is like a breath of fresh air.


I think the cast are what truly make this movie so special. I love Taron Egerton, he plays this role so well and so effortlessly. Another of my favourites is Mark Strong, I liked the bond between his character and Eggsy. The Statesman workers bring a humorous charisma to the role of a spy, bending away from the gentleman manner expressed through the Kingsman workers. 

I enjoyed the main storyline of the movie, I don't want to give too much away but I like how even though there is a villain and they have a master plan, it is not taken too seriously. It's also nice to have a villain with a plan, in a lot of other films the villain is someone who wants to destroy the world through some force they possess and it's not really clear what they hope to achieve from this or where their motive has come from. 


Kingsman: The Golden Circle was everything I expected and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Another unique and entertaining film from Matthew Vaughn and I hope there are more to come!
10/10



No comments:

Post a Comment