Wednesday 10 June 2015

San Andreas


San Andreas is a natural disaster movie directed by Brad Peyton starring Dwayne Johnson, Carla Gugino and Alexandra Daddario. 

This movie is fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Even though it is a fast paced CGI filled movie it still brings in the characters background and gives them life. There's one moment that will truly break your heart if you are invested in the characters. 

The main plot line is Ray (Johnson) and Emma (Gugino) looking for their daughter in this catastrophic disaster. It also follows their daughter, joined by two very likable boys, trying to get to safety. 


I am not sure how accurate all the science and geography in the movie is but I don't really consider that a vital part. I am more invested in the characters and the story line rather than the geography behind the earthquake being correct. 


It was crazy seeing some of California's biggest land marks getting destroyed.


The CGI in the movie was fantastic, there was not one part when I thought it looked a bit fake. 



 There was lots of breathtaking moments that along with the sound, at times, really made you feel like you were in the movie. It all felt very real and you could feel the emotions of the characters radiating off them. 





One actor stuck out for me and that was Hugo Johnstone-Burt, this was more for a personal reason as I am a big fan of Home and Away and he was this for a few weeks in 2013. I thought he handled this role brilliantly and I look forward to more of his work. 


If you've watched San Andreas, let me know what you think. Also which new release are you most excited to see next? For me it is Jurassic World. 





No comments:

Post a Comment